Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend gone.. In Comes Week 10... So It Begins..

Ahh.. Back once again. Weekend was good, fruitful I should say. Yeah..

Visited an orphanage home, called Good Shepherd's Home. That home, under the charge of an Indian man named Timothy, had 45 kids who are staying there. My goodness, 45 kids! I'm not only amazed by the amount, but when I went there, I was even more amazed by how they managed to accommodate all of them! There were only a few rooms available - only 4 in fact( or so I think there is) - and the house had to fit not only the 45 of them, but also Timothy and his wife! Many had to squeeze in a room or two, and many sleep together on ONE bed! *speechless* Tells me how lucky I am. Oh.. Did I tell you that all these kids were left there by their parents? Heard that some of them got abused before going there, while there was one who was there because his mother couldn't take care of him due to work(his father died). Pity.. And imagine the life I'm living now. It's so much blessed than theirs, and yet I do not appreciate it. Always having to ask these kind of questions, "Why is this happening to me?" "Why am I not as smart?" "Why am I not as well off as some others?" "Why can't I have their life?", while they don't even have a proper home to live in, no proper education.. zZz

The sharing by A.Pauline and Timothy touched me. A.Pauline shared about the things God can give us, the dreams that God can help us fulfill. Even though she is sharing it for the kids, I believe that it was also meant for us youth in some way. Timothy then later shared about us needing to have the heart of charity, but he also touched on knowing where we should stand as Christians.

Had fun with the kids. Played games with them, took photos with them, piggy-backed them, and my goodness, they were excited alright. It's like, they never experienced this kind of thing before. Well, glad that we can give it to them. I hope that God's love was shown to them. It'll really encourage them alright.

Sunday was fruitful as well. Elder Yee preached about praising God even during our "storms", and that there are people in the Bible who do so. Example, Job. Even though he lost everything, he was still faithful to God, and in the end God gave him double blessing. Elder Yee also shared a song with us, Casting Crowns "Praise You In This Storm", which I will post the song and lyrics in my next blog.

Week 10 has come.. A new week approaches, new challenges ahead, many deadlines to meet, many presentation to prepare, many exams to study for. May God be with us all. God bless.

Out

No comments: