Thursday, June 26, 2008

Of Certain Things..

Aha.. I'm back, after a few days of being absent. Well, lets just say I was lazy. Yea.. Was tired yesterday.. Wanted to blog, but could not think of what to write. So I have decided to take this opportunity to do so, heh..

Hmm.. Will first start of with EURO 2008.. One finalist is confirmed - Germany. The other finalist is yet to be known, as it will be battled out between Spain and Russia.. They met during the group stages, where Spain won that match 4-1. Well, this time is going to be different, because it's a semi-final. Once again, all the best to Spain. Fingers crossed though.

One other thing.. UTAR is having a "General Election" for SRC tomorrow, and I like, do not know who to vote for. Well, not that I know all of them well enough to evaluate who's good enough to be vote. Umm..

Heard them debated today.. Pretty funny because one of the debating sessions, both teams went out of the topic. Wanted to say something to them, but ended up not having the chance. Anyways, voting is tomorrow, so may the UTARians choose the best, for these people are going to be our "voice".. Well, so called voice.

This is for those who are chosen - Please please please, fulfill what you have said. Yes, you can't fulfill it all.. Man, not even the government can, but at least let us students know that we have made the right choice.. I don't want to regret making the "wrong" choice, and neither does the rest of the UTARians. And please, for the life of me, if you have mentioned during your "speech" that you will not give empty promises, please don't. Do not make us not trust you.

However, there are some things I would like to say here, since it's my blog. Erm.. 1st thing's 1st, the bumps. Tell me that the bumps are there to "waste our petrol". Yes, bumps do slow a vehicle down, because the driver does not want his car's suspension to be spoiled. Then again, how much petrol does it waste? When I heard this statement, I went "zZz". I mean, come on, it's build for a purpose, and the purpose is so that the cars will not speed. I have to admit one thing - as a driver, and a student of UTAR, I do, sometimes, take that road as a track to race.. You know? The road (after the bridge) curves in left, and (after the busstop) curves in right. Adding the fact that I drove fast, it feel's like drifting. What's more, the speed limit is like what, 25kmh, and I'm like, driving 60 maybe. Ok, perhaps during that time there were not so many students, so I felt too, that the rule of 25kmh was stupid. However, as the number of students grow - it's about 4000 now - and so many more drivers, imagine all of them driving like me. I tell you, the hospital of Kampar is going to be full of UTAR students. So people, please open your coconut, and think of why UTAR is doing this. Answer is very simple - safety. Tell me, which do you prefer, paying extra petrol, or paying insurance for someone else's life? So what are you suggesting, remove them? You are kidding me. If you say you are wasting petrol, then MY suggestion is, drive slowly. Follow the rules. Ok, 30 is still a bit slow, but you can go near 40, 45 maybe. Don't worry about big shots overtaking you - the heck it matters. If you say you are late for class, then damn it's your own problem. No one asked you to be late. So please, the bump is nothing. It's perfectly alright.

They also mentioned about wanting to build a shelter from the main entrance all the way to the respective blocks, and also adding vending mechines to the blocks so that students will not have to go all the way to the cafeteria to get food. Haha.. I suggested to one of them, saying that I want the basketball courts to be made indoors. Ah.. I don't know. Will see what happens. Don't want to talk about that.

Election is just 8 hours away. Hope I will choose wisely too, otherwise - the Downfall of UTAR! lolx.. Nitez people.

No comments: