Friday, September 5, 2008

G_G @_@ What the heck...

I saw this in the newspaper, and found it on the net. Retrieved from http://blog.thestar.com.my/default.asp?page=2&cat=26 at 11.30pm, September 5th.

This is posted by mikeyunited (username) and this is what he posted.

Another blog on Liverpool. They're an easy target, and I really did not want to do this, but I feel like i have to.

Imagine this - your team is second in the table and have a chance to go top, provided they win their game vs Villa. So what would you do? Well, we all know what Rafa did. Play a side in a 4-5-1 formation. Tell your fullbacks to never overlap. Of the 5 midfielders, play 3 defensive central midfielders and 2 strikers (one of which you just paid 20m pounds for) play on the wing, but spend most of the game helping out their flank backs.

Never mind that Keane would have been perfect to replace the injured Gerrard as a linkman between midfield and Torres. That WAS why he was bought, wasn't it? Leave Babel - the 'flair player' who loses the ball too much - on the bench.

Leave your star striker up on his own - and by on his own I really mean on his own - in the time before he got injured, he was (for the most part) the only Pool player in the last third of the Villa half.

In other words - take no chances, keep it tight, and hope to knick a goal on the counter. After all, you were playing the Mighty Villa - a team who had just been defeated by mightier Stoke!
It was without doubt the most boring match I had ever witnessed from a club that is supposed to be challenging for the title.

All Pool supporters will undoubtedly shout back - "Unbeaten in 3, joint top of the table, in the group stages of the champion's league - what crisis?"

In reply, this would be my response - Surely you would not want to go through the rest of the season watching your team play that type of football?

It must be said, and most of my friends who are Liverpool supporters agree - Rafa must go.






This is posted by ME, and this was how I shot him back. =p

I'm sorry mikeyunited, but you have to remember one thing - Liverpool were playing at VILLA PARK, not ANFIELD. If they played like that at home, criticise them all you want. I wouldn't give a care of the world at ALL. But to come away with a draw,away from home, is better than the home team losing points.

By the way, Liverpool did not choose to play 3 defensive midfielders. Rafa did not have much choice as Gerrard was injured, unless you want Rafa to play Benayoun in Gerrard's place, in which I do not think suits Benayoun - he is more of a wide man for me. Perhaps Rafa should have played Keane in that role like you suggested, but then again..

I have to agree with you that us Kopies would not want Liverpool to play like that for the entire season, but then again, do you REALLY THINK that Liverpool will play like that the entire season? I'd give them a benefit of a doubt. There is NO WAY, and I REPEAT, no way Liverpool will play like this the entire season. With the squad they have now, I don't see why not. It's just a matter of time. Why don't you just give it to them?

Chelsea drew at the Bridge and you say nothing. Liverpool draw at VILLA PARK, for crying out loud, and you say Rafa must go. I am SPEECHLESS. TOTALLY. So what if Stoke beat them? It just shows that even the newly promoted teams are no pushovers, and they will give everything to win.

One more thing - I doubt that is the most boring match you ever watched. I'm sure there are even more boring matches being played by the top four.

out - I hate it.

No comments: