Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To my grandfather...

This poem is dedicated to my grandfather, who passed away last Thursday (21st May 2009):

Before me, a lifeless person
Lying down on his bed
Not moving
For his soul
Has went Home
An elderly man
Who lived for 3 generations
His own, his children's, and his grandchildren's
Lived a fruitful live he did
Planting churches
Pastoring some of it
Even took care of his cousins
Loving God lots
And God loving him as well
Blessed with many children
And thus many grandchildren were born
Me being one of them
So this I say to my grandfather:
I may not know you
As well as I should have
But I know that if it weren't for you
I wouldn't be here
So thank you
Ran a good race you did
But every race has an ending
So if this is your end,
Let it be a fitting end.
Rest in peace.

-eNd-

3 comments:

Damselette said...

my condolencec again =)

Mikey said...

My condolences for your grandfather, may he rest in peace with our Father in Heaven =)

GeneGoh said...

haha.. thanks for all well wishes and condolence.. greatful to have friends like you guys...