Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Isn't ironic:
You listen to a sermon
And the pastor inspires you
To make a difference
Either in your own life
Or in the lives of others
You tell youself
"I want to be that difference"
"I want to be that light for God"
"I want to serve Him all my days"

Big deal
After that
One just go out
and be one's normal, pathetic self
The fire that was
burning deep within
Is now extinguished
Just by a snap of the finger
And everything that one said earlier
Just vanished

Somewhere along the line
God remindes you
Of the prayer you said that day
Of the fire that was burning
deep within your heart
The fire reignites again
Again

Big deal
The fire is again
Extinguished
This time perhaps
By the business of work
Or other unknown factors

We sing the song
"Lord, light the fire again
I feel new life begin"
Big deal
If we don't mean it
No point singing it
God can keep lighting the fire again
But if it's going
To be extinguished all the time
What's the damn point?

We must find a source
That can keep the fire burning
And that only source
Can only be God

-Give me oil in my lamp, keep it burning burning burning-

No comments: