Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Funny Afternoon..

It's was a hilarious afternoon today. I went out to old town with a fellow coursemate of mine, as she wanted to go to the KTM (train station) to buy tickets to go home for the weekend. So we went there. There wasn't anymore ticket for the economic class, so she had to buy the more expensive one. She suddenly remembered the return trip, and decided to buy it as well, only to find out that once again, the economic class was sold out. So once again she had to buy the more expensive ticket.

We laughed. Over the fact that the tickets were sold out so soon, and that she had not choice but to come back earlier from KL.

Next we went to the Public Bank, where I wanted to clear a cheque. I didn't really had any knowledge at all on how to clear a cheque, so my friend helped me ask. The guy said, "Simple. Just go to the cheque deposit machine." That statement itself made us look like fools who only entered the bank for the first time. So we went there. It was a touch-screen machine. After touching and pressing several stuffs, we finally got to the part where we had to put in the check.

The 1st time I put it in, it was rejected. Fine. The 2nd time was succesful. I key in my account number and the amount. Guess what popped up next? "The machine is currently out of service." WITH MY CHEQUE INSIDE. Kena con kau kau wei! I was like, "WHAT?!", and next I was "HOW IN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM..?!", and then, "Ohh yeah, SMART." Anyways my friend called someone from the bank to help out. In the end, I had to do it manually, plus wait for two days, which is normal when clearing a cheque.

We laughed, over the stupidity of me, and the machine GG-ing us, and the way the bankers told us how things works there. According to one of the staff, he said that we had to anticipate those kind of things. So yeah..

Then, she wanted to go to Watson to get some stuff. After buying her "girl-stuff", she came back telling me that she didn't have enough money to buy whatever she wanted to buy because of the earlier incident at the train station.

We laughed, 'cause we were reminded of the incident, and that she didn't have enough money because of it, and that she didn't come and ask me for help because she PAI SEH.

-eNd-

No comments: