Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why.

God, what is it you want with me?
I don't know anymore.
Life is full of answers
Which I can't seem to find
Full of questions left unanswered
Typical? I guess so.
Happens everywhere.

You teach us not to sin
And that's EXACTLY what we do.
You teach us to love others
We do the opposite
You teach us to reach out to others
We hide behind our grandmother's skirt
Like dogs running away with tails between their legs
We are THAT scared.

Why?

You teach us to share
We become selfish
You teach us to forgive
We choose to hate
You teach us to pick up the Cross and follow you daily
We drop it and follow the world.

Why?

You tell us You're always there
Heck, we sing about it too!
But we don't "feel" it
You promise us a lot of things
Things that this world can NEVER GIVE
And yes, heck number 2, we sing and READ about it!
But we don't "see" it.

Why?

Screw the listening skill God has given to me
I just can't seem to hear or listen to His voice
Screw the hands and fingers God has given to me to play musical instruments
I can't even open the BIBLE for crying out loud!

Why?

'Cause it's all about us MAKING.THAT.CHOICE. About whether or not we choose to follow. About whether or not we choose to obey. About whether or not we choose to listen. About whether or not we choose to read. About whether or not we choose to LIVE.FOR.GOD.

Best part is, while I'm complaining about all of the above
The answer
Is just right in front of me. =)

Happy month of exam and mission trip. God bless us all.

2 comments:

Chew Shu Yi, Shirley said...

All the best Eugene. Have a safe mission trip and enjoy your holidays. Oh and best of luck to your papers.

GeneGoh said...

Haha thx. You enjoy your break too, and your life. =)