Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sarawak Mission Trip - Behind the scenes

I guess I'll start off this entire amazing story of the trip with the pre-preparation of it. The team consists of yours truly, Letterman-in-the-making Daniel Chi, PR hopeful Gan Pei Lee, animal doctor Doreen Phee, Mass Comm Master enroller Ee Chiet, Bio-med enroller Irena Chua, photographer-of-the-trip and bank worker Joyce Tan, administrative worker Patty Koy, a servant of the Lord working in church, Oi Kam, and of course not missing the most important people in this trip and co-organisers, Ping Chin and KayLynn (PC & KL for short).

I will not go into detail about each and every single meeting, but I'll sumarise what we have planned during those meetings. The main challenge of this trip is to share, teach and preach whatever we prepared in Bahasa Malaysia, a language which many of us struggled as we have not been using it for (fairly?) a long time. Anyhow, we still did it, as this is what signing up for a mission trip is for.

Each of us were given a specific topic (which, after the trip I realised that it's related or connected), and we were also given other responsibilities. For me in particular, I was ask to give a teaching to the Iban people at one of the longhouses, and also to worship lead on Saturday night, which I'll go into that in a later post.

We also prayed for the entire trip, as none of us really know what to expect as most of us are first timers. Still, we trusted that God will do great things, and indeed He has, which I'll begin explaining in the next post, as we go into chapter one of this amazing journey...

No comments: