Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Truth

I read this particular post about Liverpool, saying that the gulf between them and Manchester United are growing, and that they are finding it hard to atract star players, and bla bla bla.

I'm not too much into the article though, I'm more to the comments given below. As usual, loads of it will appear, but what's in the context is interesting.

All it took was one Pool fan to defend Liverpool, and make a comparison between Rafa and Fergie, and thousand other United fans hit back. Best part is, they hit it where it hurt the most. Ain't that human?

However, I do have to say my bit here ('cause something went wrong with SkySports and I can't comment), and hence the title.

I have to say, after supporting Liverpool for so long (since two World Cups ago), I don't know what's happening at Liverpool. They underachieved and Houllier (previous manager), and they are not any better under Rafa (current manager). Yes, Champions League in 2005 (and I have to say, NO ONE can forget that night), and FA Cup in 2006, but there's all there is. Few major signings like Torres, Reina, Benayoun, while many flops like Voronin, Dossena, Nunez, Pennant, and letting go of good players like Alonso, Luis Garcia (and even Crouch for crying out loud). Thing is, they can't sack Rafa, 'cause they have no money $$$ (apparently). All they can do is try to work around the budget, and hope to get the best out of it.

So us Pool fans try to live with the current situation, watch Liverpool get helplessly beaten by the likes of Fulham, Wigan and Porstmouth. Fans still try to defend Liverpool, but this is what I'll say:

STOP DEFENDING LIVERPOOL LIKE A SPOILT CHILD GETS DEFEND BY HIS/HER MOTHER.

Seriously, it's getting annoying. I'd love to hit back at the United fans, but I don't hit with soft punching gloves. Point is - THERE'S NOTHING TO HIT THEM WITH. Ohh, you want to tell them how FT9's goal scoring rate in the BPL is compared to that of Rooney's? (Which is actually almost the same - FT9's 16 goals in 19 matches is almost the same rating as Rooney's 26 goals in 29 - total of 0.8 goals per match, equavelant to almost 1) They wouldn't care!!!

They'll also tell you, "We sold CR7 to Real and we're still fighting for the title, quater-finals of the Champions League and already a trophy in hand (League Cup), while you sold Alonso, out of group stage of Champions League, out of FA Cup and League Cup, and now hoping to win a second tier European Cup (which is often overlooked)." What are you going to say to them?

Call me a hypocrite if you like, but this is the TRUTH. REALITY. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Liverpool fan (don't ask why), but some things are just inevitable. So let's face it.

Anyways, I'm just curious about the timing that the author used to bring THIS up. To say that Pool fans always living in the past; well, don't United fans do that too? You CAN'T tell me that United fans did not brag about how many times they beat Liverpool before Liverpool went on a 3 consecutive winning streak against United. I'd call you a liar.

Also, just because Liverpool lost THE match against United, some author comes up and say, "Ohh, gulf between the Bird and the Devil is too big." Urgh. Really. Would you have said that last season? Then they'll say again, "you past-glory dwellers. Forget about last season. It's this season we're talking about."

My give up. All I can say is, either Liverpool change the owners, and change a new manager, or stick to Rafa, and I'll say, "Good luck."

Ps: Saw this Twitter post from a Pool fan that says, "It's a pity Greenday came up with American Idiot instead of "American Idiots" (referring to the Liverpool owners).

~eNd~

No comments: