Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Of Christmas presentations and Youth Camp 2009...

Man, for that weekend, I loved the word "proximity", where everything is close to me. In terms of distance that is.

When I first heard that our Youth Camp was to be held in Grand Kampar Hotel, I was like, "Wao." Then I thought, "Hey, maybe it ain't going to be so bad after all." So yeah, I waited for Youth Camp day to come.

While waiting, I was also busy with something else: CGBC Campus Connect's Christmas play. It was a short one, but nevertheless meaningful. The planning process wasn't easy, and adding the fact that we had to practise during examination period makes it all the more difficult, though I praise God most of us had only two or three subjects, as it was a short semester.

Then something struck me. Both these events above clashed on the same day: December 17th. Dilemma. Knowing camp rules, one is to attend all sessions, yet being committed to this Christmas event requires me to skip the 1st session. Boo. I wanted to say no to Youth Camp, but I was requested to lead worship on the last day of the camp. In the end, I signed up for it anyway. Blek=p

Anyways, the day came where everything was to start. Having requested permission to miss the 1st session, I went to church to be with my cast. I was the narrator by the way. ^^v

The story was simple, and it's entitled: The Greatest Gift. It talks about a ToyMaker, who had this Toyland which opens every December. Children came to receive free gifts. However, the ToyMaker wanted and heir to his Toyland. He then decided to place a special inheritance note in his favourite doll, which was special to him during his childhood days, as it brought joy to him, and was also his source of inspiration.

Four children came into the Toyland, and each of them found their respective toys, toys that either suits their status or beauty only. They however, despised this girl who picked up and ugly doll. This doll however, was THE favourite doll of the ToyMaker, and to cut the story short, she inherited the Toyland.

It's a metaphor to the story of how God sent His only Son to Earth. Many people would choose the things of this world, but not Him. Get the idea? Heh.

It turned out successful after all. Praise God to all the cast, and those who has been working hard behind the sence.

Camp! Finally. I went to the hotel close to midnight. By that time, the 1st session has already ended, but to me, the camp was just about to begin.

It's very rare to have a youth camp in a hotel. With hotel however, it means beautiful bedrooms, washrooms, and views. Grand Kampar Hotel was no different, but only in terms of the first two. As for the last one, I've been seeing it for the past two and a half years. That's the only drawback.

Heck, I enjoyed the camp. The speaker spoke about an extreme makeover, as it was this year's camp theme. Not only that, there was once again, a high praise to enjoy. What was different this time is, there was a talent time, and also, an extreme makeover competition.

In this extreme makeover competition, each group is to send a representative to have them makeover-ed. Each representative is also interviewed before the competition that night. I was bombed with the duty of an interviewer on that morning. Heck, I did it anyway, and I enjoyed it too^^v

2nd night was really entertaining. There were performances, group dancing, and singing too. The performances that caught my eye was Ming Sheng's group, Edwin's solo dance, and the Lopez brothers' singing. However, MY pick for the night was the special guest performance, a dance by Edwin, Vincent, Joel, and Sunny.

Joel is so natural. Joel is a born dancer. I love you Joel!!!!!! (and everybody goes - sweat =.=''')

Anyways, before the whole thing started, A. Mariane asked us to sing Christmas carolls as the contestants and judges ready themselves. Man, I enjoyed it too, 'cause we managed to create our own "Angels we have heard on high" version!!! Not much difference though, but still, it's different. BLEK =p

Next morning a.k.a last day of the camp came, and lots of people, as expected were either getting sick, or sick already. I was one of them, almost having a sore throat, and wondering how was I going to lead that morning. Praise God though, for He took away the soreness, and yeah, I managed to lead after all. Glory to Him!!

Packing up time, and everyone had their last meal in the hotel. The food in the hotel wasn't all that bad, though I still kind of prefer to eat out. Heh. Perhaps too used to the food outside. Anyways, I had to leave early, 'cause I had to bring my motorbike back, and the weather wasn't too convincing at that time. However, it ended up not raining after all. Boo.

Reached home safely, but only managed a 45 minutes nap. Went to church for practise for next morning's service, then off to another musical play. ;)

This time it was FGA's Christmas Musical in Elim Gospel Hall, and damn, was it not worth it.

THE MUSIC WAS AWESOME! In case you didn't know, all the music they played that night was of their own! They created their own music! Fancy that. It may be simple and all, but try asking me to do it, and I'll fail. ^^v

yOu did well. Proud^^

Ps: Photos will come soon I hope. If there's one thing I hate, it's not having my own damn camera. Meh.

~eNd~

No comments: