Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Keep It or Lose It

I saw a video on Facebook today. It was a video about a man crying over the death of his wife/girlfriend (not sure). Well of course, I won't bother posting something like this if the video did not carry any significance.

I wanted not to describe how she died, and in what manner, but I change my mind, 'cause the way she died shows the importance of something else. Let's begin:

The couple were riding a motorcycle WITHOUT HELMETS when somehow or another, they slipped. The lady banged goodness-know-what, and her brain SPLIT INTO HALF. The man saw it, and cried like hell.

Yes I can tell you, the horror of watching that video still haunted me, especially as I'm a motorist myself. The road is dangerous; it is full of pot holes and dangerous fellow motorist, drivers, bus drivers and yes truck drivers as well! We have to be careful and watch out for ourselves and others on the road.

Although yes I've also said before, "On the road, 50% of the accidents are avoidable. The other 50% depends on others", that 50% avoidable accident INCLUDES wearing a helmet when you're riding a motorbike. Riding safely is also part of that 50%.

And ohh please. I'm not saying that wearing a helmet totally protects you; at least it "keeps you safe" from a really "Permanent Head Damage".

So please. Value your life, wear a helmet when you ride. Never think that "Hey the distance is short. No worries mate. We'll come back alive." Keep the discipline and wear it.

~eNd~

No comments: